I was contacted a month ago or so and asked to do a review on two hair products for a company called Misikko. The company sells a wide variety of hair products and stylers.
The two products I was sent to review were:
CHI Silk Infusion (http://www.misikko.com/chi-silk-infusion.html)
What the website says:
CHI Silk Infusion™ - Reconstructing Complex is specially formulated for thermal styling and hair repair. CHI Silk Infusion contains no alcohol, so it won't dry your hair out as a leave in treatment - and it'll leave your hair with the head-turning, lustrous shine of pure silk.
Authentic CHI Guarantee
Farouk CHI Silk Infusion Features:
* Leave in, alcohol free reconstructing treatment
* Enriched with pure natural silk, wheat and soy proteins
* For soft manageable hair with incredible shine and no build up
* Protects the hair against thermal styling and environment
I thought the product would be more of a gel consistency, but it was an oil. It smells like Hollister/A&F perfume or cologne, but it's nothing that bothered me. If you don't like that smell, then I would not recommend this product. After I curled my hair, it wasn't as hot as it would have been if I had not used the product. It really does protect from the heat and it feels very soft. I have thin hair and it's been a while since I styled it, but my hair did not feel damaged at all!
Rating: 4/5...Honestly, this is my first time using any heat protectant products on my hair, so I really can't give it a high review without experimenting with others.
Hana Shine Shield Thermal Leave in Protectant
What the website says:
Hana Shine Shield is the latest product in a line committed to safe, effective heat styling. Shine Shield is a thermal serum that can be used as a leave-in conditioner - lightweight and never greasy, it protects and strengthens hair whether you use it with a flat iron, hair dryer or alone. Shine Shield contains the natural magic of Jojoba oil for its superb qualities of deep moisturization, fast absorption into hair follicles and scalp, and unparalleled shimmer & shine. 6 oz.
Hana Shine Shield Features:
* Lightweight leave-in conditioning therapy
* Designed to protect and restore both hair and scalp from environmental and styling stress
* Jojoba absorbs quickly without a greasy feel for thorough deep conditioning
* Jojoba naturally dissolves soil, removing build-up from other styling products to leave hair clean & supple
* Jojoba naturally excels at thickening keratin layers, bringing out your hair's natural color overtones, highlights and brilliance
* Periodic use over time is proven to advance the quality of your hair & the health of your scalp
This product is just like CHI except the smell and consistency is different. This one is a bit more runny. I like the fact that it has jojoba oil and does a lot more than what CHI can do.
OVERALL for both products: 4/5
I like both products, but I like the Hana shine shield a bit more.
I know..I fail at hosting giveaways..BUT this time is for real!
Misikko suggested that I do a giveaway for my followers, and you have many chances of winning!
1) Must be 18 years or older. If you are younger than 18, you MUST have parent permission BECAUSE the company will be sending the products to you.
2) You must live in United States or Canada
3) You are allowed up to 5 entries
-Be a follower of my blog
-Follow Misikko on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/misikko
-Blog about giveaway on your personal website
-Join Misikko Newsletter
4) For the 5th entry, you must answer this question: What is your favorite every day hairstyle?
This giveaway will end on September 30th at 11:59PM!!