Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cooking with Grace #1

(Vegetarians Beware!!)

I made this a few weeks ago and I wanted to show you how to cook Fried Pork Cutlet aka Ton Katsu aka 돈까스 (don kka seh)
It’s VERY simple and easy to make.

Things you need:
Pork cutlet sliced (thin) – can get them anywhere…I usually get them at Super Wal-Mart
Salt and Pepper
Bread Crumbs…I recommend using Korean or Japanese ones, but that’s because those are the only ones I used. But bread crumbs are bread crumbs (.____.)
Eggs, whisked (I usually start with two eggs)
Flour
Pork Cutlet Sauce
Frying oil
Knife
Pounder thingy…cooking hammer? I really don’t know what it’s called hehe

Directions:
1. Cut the side with the fat to prevent the fat to gather together and “crinkle” the meat when cooked


2. Pound both sides of the cutlet with the hammer until it is thinner than what you started with


3. Season salt and pepper or whatever seasoning you like. I used garlic salt.


4. Cover both sides with flour.


5. Cover both sides of the meat with the eggs. Make sure it’s completely covered so the bread crumbs will stick to the meat.


6. Cover both sides with the bread crumbs. I do this twice so there’s a lot of bread crumbs on it.


7. Fry in oil until both sides are golden brown.


8. Set it aside on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.

9. Slice and serve with rice, cabbage salad (thinly sliced cabbage with dressing), and pork cutlet sauce.


My favorite is called Bulldog and it looks something like this.



Another favorite of mine is curry cutlet…Japanese style!

I hope you guys try it and let me know how it turns out for you!
Don’t forget your kimchi!! Haha :D


God Bless! <3

1 comment:

Abbie C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.