Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Collective Haul..review...disappointment

This is what I've bought during the month..I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I ended up buying them..

and of course, it's MAC






I bought....

4 things from the Too Fabulous collection:
-3 Creamsheen glasses in Boy Bait, Partial to Pink, and Fashion Scoop.
They are creamy and they are not sticky, which is a plus in my book. They're also pretty sheer, so I think they'll look good with any type of nude lipstick..
-Mineralize blush in Two Virtues -- it's a mix of purple and bright neonlike pink (haha i dont know how to describe it..it's pink!)

I got the new Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation in NC40 and I got the new 130 duo fibre brush
The last thing I got was the Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC42


I would swatch the products, but the flash on my camera is way too bright :/ but then again it's dark so...




I did not get the chance to try any of these products out yet because something was wrong with my eyelids. They were irritating and red. After two weeks the skin started to peel. It felt like I had a sunburn on my eyes. I don't know if it was my toner or lotion, but it was annoying me so much! I know it's not makeup because I haven't been wearing makeup for over a month.. :/

So, I went to The Body Shop and bought the Seaweed Purifying Cleanser and the Seaweed Clarifying Toner..



Pros: Gentle for skin, oil-free..I noticed that there is less shine on my face, it smells nice especially the toner..it doesn't smell like alcohol, gets rid of makeup,

Con: Doesn't feel like the cleanser is penetrating into my pores for a deeper clean. Not for acne or blemishes.


It's pretty much equivalent to the purity cleanser from philosophy. I'm thinking about returning the cleanser, but I'll give it a couple more days.



Do any of you have recommendations for cleansers and eye creams? I'm starting to see lines!!! D: I'm only 21!! How could this be?!?!?
I also looking for something that will reduce blemishes..I've been stressing out lately because of school, lack of sleep, and food. No matter what science or other people say, I feel like my body, especially the skin, does not go with the food I eat. I don't think it's made to eat heavy food everyday, but I think that goes for everyone too??




I'm sure all of you are aware that the MAC Give Me Liberty of London collection came out a few weeks ago.



I was so excited for the collection, but by the time I got to the store..almost EVERYTHING WAS SOLD OUT!!!! The things I wanted were sold out online too!! I was so disappointed that I was about to cry..literally. Sigh..oh well :/ Most look dupable, but the packaging is pretty cute..except for the pigeon. It...looks....crazy. Pigeons are dirty too! Why couldn't they use a dove or something prettier?

Maybe God's telling me I need to stop buying makeup?? But that's not right!! A girl needs to look good and feel good..it's expensive being a girl..don't you think so?

4 comments:

Thess said...

I've got the same problems..I also do not sleep well and have bad skin..I don't know if it's because of the food...oo'
I hope you will find a good cream, I use ganier skin care.

s said...

OMG that sounds so scary about your eyelids! Yeesh!

And ~ I recently bought this toner called Dickinson's toner, and it's witch hazel. It's 100% witchhazel, which is a natural ingredient. Comes in a huuuuge bottle (like shampoo size!) was $3, and I am looving it. You can see reviews on makeupalley.com, or youtube reviews. If you like I can send you a little sample bottle to try it out! People with oily skin tend to like it... I actually have dry skin, but it doesn't dry my skin out at all! It just leaves it feeling clean and tightened :)

s said...

there's 380 reviews, and 4.4 stars... so I guess that's pretty good :)

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=18032

Jo said...

Girl, please tell me how you like the studio sculpt foundation and the new msf foundation too. I'm almost out of my studio fix fluid and I want to try something new :)