Sunday, April 4, 2010

Review: MAC Mineralize SPF15 Foundation

I recently bought the new Mineralize SPF15 Foundation along with the 130 duo fiber brush. This is MY honest opinion on the product..

On the MAC website it says: "A rich, luxurious compact foundation offering a creamy application for a flawless, medium-buildable, naturally revitalized, fully dimensional finish. Lightweight and silky to apply. Good for all skin types; particularly benefits dull and/or dry complexions. Provides super-hydrated, high-comfort wear and everyday SPF 15 sun protection. "

10 g / 0.35 US OZ
US $32.00


I am one of those people who doesn't like the feeling of makeup on my face. I DEFINITELY DO NOT like it when my make up cakes and looks unnatural on my face ( you never know if people pay attention, so I kind of get self conscious..)


This foundation is known to give medium coverage whereas the Mineralize Satinfinish foundation gives light coverage, almost similar to the Face and Body foundation. (Note: coverage WITHOUT concealer) but it all depends on the person's preference


The compact comes with a sponge, but I find it best if you use the 130 duo fiber brush. There's more control and it allows to get into the hard to reach places like around the nose.

Here are some pictures WITHOUT concealer
These were taken yesterday night..

Skin before:


Skin after with Mineralize foundation:



(I know the pictures are pretty O_O, but it was 11:00 PM and I was lazy to go all out because I was going to be sleeping anyways haha)


Pros:
-Doesn't look or feel cakey
-feels like moisturizer on skin
-don't need to use too much product
-Gives flawless finish


Cons:
-the shade you're using with your original foundation may be too light, so you may have to go a shade lighter

I heard that you need to go a shade darker, but I was questioning it, so I went to the MAC store and asked one of the girls which shade would be best. My original shade was best in the store lighting. I tried it on at home, but I don't know if it was the bathroom light that made it look lighter..I took pictures, but the new camera I got sucks -__-

So, I tried it again this morning, and the color matches my skin..So, my camera just makes me look lighter..and it has SPF 15 so that might have to do with it.

It's not a problem if it is, I put on bronzer and blush to give it a glow. But if you don't want to do that, get something a shade darker. I didn't have to put a lot of concealer either because the foundation did the job..I just applied foundation to cover my dark circles but I didn't to put too much on.


I highly recommend this foundation if you don't like a liquid substance, but it's all about personal preference. A good substitute would be the studio fix fluid SPF 15. If you're looking for anything lighter, I recommend the mineralize satinfinish or the face and body foundation.

(I have not tried studio sculpt or studio tech, so I couldn't tell you what the coverage is like with those.)

I also recommend using the 130 brush. It's more denser than the other two duo fiber brushes ( i forgot the numbers haha). It gives the appearance you're not wearing any makeup when you use the brush. It may seem it takes more time to use the brush, but it's really not that long. Besides, us girls MUST look perfect ;]



I hoped this review helped those who are interested in buy the new mineralize foundation :]

3 comments:

Thess said...

i think this foundation looks okay, good product :3
you are lucky, looking good without much make up <3

s said...

Oooh I love before + after pics!

Great review ~ I like that it feels like moisturizer. I def wanna go to the counter to try this one out.

I heard good things about the face + body one from Jinah Chae. Have you tried that one?

I have Studio Sculpt and I HATE it... I think that's why I don't buy any more MAC.

Jo said...

Great review hun!

I bought the 130 brush but not the foundation. I want to try it now since I'm running low on my studio fix fluid

:)