Monday, September 7, 2009

wooow :D

I found this scrapbook/collage I had to make for my English class junior year...which was like..3-4 years ago??
One of the things we had to do was write a sonnet.
It doesn't seem like I wrote it..I have talent!!! Yay!! Hahaha jkjk xP
I hope you guys like it :]

Sonnet 1
The open sky, so up and high
Brings out a desire: the wanting to fly
All I can do is look up and sigh
So soft and suave like a butterfly
How great to have this kind of freedom
Able to fly and no one is present to seal it away
High up in the sky I see a vast kingdom
A bright light leads the way
The path is blocked by a closed golden gate
I stand still and stare
Will the gate open for this unclean state?
I hear the gates open with a big gush of air
Wings are appearing; Oh what a glorious thing!
Now, here I am sitting next to the Almighty King

-Grace Kim-
(copyright 2006)

1 comment:

Jae said...

I love finding old memories! I recently found this old poem I wrote for school and I was like... ew, was I this corny? Hahahaha!!

PS You're a better poet than I will ever be!